Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tomorrow


Tomorrow it all begins. A Nation will fall. A Universe will collapse. Blah, blah, blah.


It's Jesse, girl! This is one Litsch pin we can count on to kickoff these meaningless games. And let's get one thing straight--they are meaningless. I know *you* know that, but those folks in the audience don't always. So if I hear anyone bitching to Wilner about anything other than being pissed off Spring Training is so long, I'm gonna....


TBS is taking the reigns for the third Jays home game of the season, as previously noted by DJF, and others. Come out and show your support, dammnit.


One thing I'm not getting is that everyone and their retarded cousin is speaking of Reed like he's a longshot to crack the team. Whoah, whoah, whoah. When did this happen? The guy has *ALWAYS* mashed lefties. Always. No, shutup. He has. And he plays a great defence. Sounds like an idea platoon mate, if you ask me. Of course as long as he's healthy, and by the sounds of it, he very well may be. Stew, I love you too. But you're not Reed. Nevertheless, you're certainly more than Lance Carter, or whatever our 12th pitcher will be. So JP, drop the 12th guy, bring north Stew and Reed, and let's get this show on the road.


4 comments:

The Southpaw said...

Hrm, you do know that I came up with the term "Litsch's Bitches" last spring in the ProSportsDaily Jays forum?

I suppose I don't mind you using it as the title of your blog, but I do think credit chould go where credit's due.

Johnny Was

Jesse's Girl 1 said...

Well, it certainly doesn't take a genius to rhyme those words, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been to the Pro Sports Daily Forums, but I made that rhyme in Fall of 2006.

Considering that Jesse is fairly familiar with us, and the fact that the RC staff have made us alter our signage to the Rick Springfield reference, is the only reason why we've been recognized through Canada/US borders as "Jesse's Girls", and not Litsch's Bitches.

And considering this is an online blog and, we're clearly making no money off the name, I can't see how anyone not completely stuck up would have a problem with the name. And even if you did, I'd like to see some sort of paperwork claiming that you own the rights.

But you sound like a somewhat reasonable person, so I'll grant you that.

The Southpaw said...

I see.

Well I guess this is a Mexican standoff then because neither of us can definitively prove who used "Litsch's Bitches" first and it's my word against yours. If you're saying you didn't take it after seeing me post it at PSD, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

This is a creative sphere and there are dozens of us doing the same genre of Jays blog, so you too will come to guard/take pride in your own inventions. It has nothing to do with money or rights, it's just part of the territory. Haha, I say this even though we only started a few weeks before you...

I can ensure you that I am an entirely reasonable person.

JW

p.s. you seriously tried to hang a banner with swearin' on it at the RC?

Jesse's Girl 1 said...

Heh, no hard feelings.

Ideally my blog, while similar to others was more or less for people like me and my friends and acquaintances who attend a lot of games and like to know stuff about player signings, stories about players, grapevine stuff you hear, and just really lightly talk about analysis and stuff, other than an occasionally rant. I go and do that numbers stuff at Batter's Box.

I'll have no problem offering up you guys as a link o'er here though.