Friday, February 22, 2008

Opening Day Tickets

Opening Day tickets went on sale three weeks ago to members of the Blue Jays Inside Pitch newsletter. I guess people are Nazis about their email accounts, but there's a lot of good information that comes from that newsletter, not to mention this pre-sale. These tickets also went on sale before Red Sox and Tiger fans were given the opportunity to purchase single game tickets, so Jays fans could have had those tickets before anyone else. I purchased three seats in section 130D row 19, which was surprisingly the best possible seats at that moment.

My theory will be that the Jays current base of I estimate 8,000 flex pack holders decided to include this game in their summer itinerary because of the Friday date. Which is a good thing because it should displace some Sox fans elsewhere in the stadium. Nice.

In any event, by the time tickets went on sale to the internet only, both the 100 and 200 had sold out completely, and as I check today, best available seats are down the baseline. I'm guessing that a day into tickets officially going on sale (March 2nd), the place will be declared a sell out.

Hope to see everyone there.

No comments: